Smile Brightening Aftercare
AFTER I HAD MY SMILE BRIGHTENED
Mild sensitivity to hot or cold liquids may occur. This usually passes within 1 – 2 days. Brushing with toothpaste for sensitive teeth such as ProNamel® may help relieve this sensitivity.
If you experience gum sensitivity do not brush the afflicted area while brushing your teeth.
Immediate whitening results can be quite dramatic due to minor dehydration of your teeth. It is normal for the color to tone down somewhat after treatment when your teeth rehydrate to a natural white tone.
Long term results vary between patients. Factors such as: the original shade of your teeth, and habits such as smoking or drinking colored beverages (red wine, coffee, tea) will affect how long your whitening treatment will last.
Touch-up treatments may be needed every 6-12 months to retain color. Touch up syringes are available. More whitening gel can be purchased as needed.
We recommend whitening your teeth before getting new crowns, veneers and/or tooth colored restorations as these non-natural tooth materials will not whiten.
FOR BEST RESULTS*
Avoid foods and beverages that stain (red sauce, blueberries, juice, coffee, tea) for at least 48 hours after the treatment.
Wait at least 48 hours after your whitening appointment before smoking Store take-home syringe in the fridge or in a cool place, out of direct sunlight.
*Results will fade over time so you will need to repeat the whitening process. How long whitening lasts varies between patients and depends on a number of factors such as: Age, Starting tooth shade, History of trauma to teeth, Diet, Oral hygiene, and Smoking.
You will be sent home with an additional TAKE-HOME Whitening Tray
TAKE HOME TRAY INSTRUCTIONS
HOW TO USE YOUR TAKE-HOME TRAY
1. Brush and floss teeth.
2. Take the syringe out of the kit. Remove the cap.
3. Place a small bead of gel from Eye tooth to eye tooth on the front part of the tray. Or apply a thin layer of the whitening gel to lip side of the top and bottom teeth from eye tooth to eye tooth.
4. Place the tray into your mouth, over your teeth.
5. Wear the trays for 30-60 minutes.
6. After treatment, remove tray. Rinse tray and mouth with lukewarm water.
7. Brush teeth.
8. Repeat steps 1-7 daily for 2-3 days or until all of the gel is used.
9. Tooth sensitivity is a common occurrence after whitening. If you experience this, place a small amount of ProNamel® toothpaste in your whitening tray. Place the tray into your mouth, over your teeth. Wear the trays for 20 minutes. Repeat for a few days until tooth sensitivity goes away. You may use any toothpaste that has Potassium Nitrate.
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Not to be used by pregnant or lactating women or children under 14 years old.