Temporary Crown Breaks
MY TEMPORARY CROWN BROKE OR CAME OFF
TEMPORARY CROWN BREAKS
- Call our office as soon as possible to have another temporary crown made and placed on your tooth.
- In the meantime, try and place the largest piece of the broken temporary back on the tooth to avoid shifting of the tooth.
- If the broken temporary crown cannot be placed back and the tooth is very sensitive, obtain some orthodontic wax. This should be available in the dental section of pharmacies and grocery stores. With the wax, make a ball that is large enough to cover the tooth. Cover the tooth by pressing and squeezing the wax around it.
TEMPORARY CROWN COMES OFF THE TOOTH
- Call our office to book an appointment to have the temporary cemented onto the tooth with a temporary cement.
- In the meantime, clean any loose debris from the inside of the temporary crown and place it back onto the tooth as soon as possible, to avoid shifting of the tooth.
- If needed, add a small amount of Vaseline or denture adhesive (such as Fixodent® or Super Poly Grip®) to the inside of the temporary crown and place the temporary back onto the tooth. Wipe any excess material with a Q-tip or tissue.