Wearing Orthodontic Elastics
INSTRUCTIONS FOR WEARING ORTHODONTIC ELASTICS
RULES FOR WEARING ELASTICS
- Keep your elastics on at all times except for eating.
- Change the elastics each morning as they lose their stretch every day.
- Keep your elastics in a safe place while eating (on your little finger or on a pen or pencil).
- For better force, make sure to talk a lot and stretch your elastics by opening and closing your teeth regularly during the day.
- If you lose or run out of your supply, come to our office for refills as lost time will delay the end of your braces.
- You may find some of the teeth a bit tender in the first few days. This is normal and indicates that your teeth are moving as we planned. If you need to take painkillers for this please call our office right away to discuss this with our staff.